Saturday, June 3, 2017

A Star Is Born

Our daughter gave birth to a sweet baby girl in April...I'm a gramma! Baby's name is Evelyn Leilani and here is the first card gramma made for her.

Being that I've recently become intrigued with layered shadowboxes, I decided to try another one for Baby Evelyn. Before I go on, I should mention that the original card has baby's full name on it, I just blocked her last name out in the photos to protect her privacy. Yeah, that's why it looks kinda off centered and weird.

View from the top shows the two layers that were added inside the box. The window openings for each of the layers is about half in inch smaller than the one before it, with the last layer inside the box having the smallest opening. Each of the layers was cut half an inch wider than the width of the finished box so I could fold 1/4 inch on each side as tabs to adhere the layers in the box. I used Lori Whitlock's instructional video on Youtube as a guide to assemble my card.

Paper pieced baby and moon come from Cricut's Baby Steps cartridge. I used a strip of acetate glued to the second layer in the box to suspend her in the center of the shadowbox. Tiny stars were hung using fishing line. 

Pharmacy font and Make the Cut were used to cut out baby's name and backed with pink cardstock.

Added our sentiment to the back of the box using digital paper from Bella Blvd. Love this paper! Also used this same paper to line inside the box as the back drop. Having too much fun with these layered shadowbox style cards and hope to continue making more of them!
Oh! And of course I couldn't end without sharing a few photos of our precious new granddaughter... because that's what grammas do, right?


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Congrats on the birth of your granddaughter! She is going to appreciate the beautiful handmade card one day....hopefully her parents are keeping a baby album.