Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sweet Valentines

Happy Valentines Day! I made heart shaped cookie boxes this year and filled them with sugar cookies to share with family and friends.

The front of the boxes were decorated with paper pieced images of My Melody using cutfiles created in Make the Cut design program.

The Happy Valentines Day sentiment was die cut using a metal die from Mama Elephant, and the colorful hearts background paper is a digital file purchased from Bella Blvd.


Here are the side and back views of the box. The box is actually my copy cat version of the Valentines Lindor truffle box from Lindt Chocolates which I created in Make the Cut by welding basic shapes together. The size of this box is approximately 8 inches high and wide with a depth of about 2 inches; large enough to hold half a dozen medium size cookies.

After putting together a dozen of the My Melody cookie boxes, I realized I needed something less girly for my son in law...so I decorated  his box with a paper pieced Pochacco.

Had so much fun with little Pochacco and since I still had a bit more time, I decided to make half a dozen more...but this time in a smaller size to fill with chocolates to share with friends at work.

The size of this smaller box is about 6 inches wide and high with a depth of 1-1/2 inches. Especially nice since it only took one sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock to make each box. To save time and make these more quickly, I did a print and cut instead of a paper piecing of  Pochacco for the smaller boxes. The "Love" sentiment was cut using a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and I used another digital file from Bella Blvd for the heart panel.

These sweet little Dove chocolate heart holders are from dear Lorna. The adorable little teddy is a stamped image from Dandelion Designs, and though it's hard to see in the photo, his little hands are curved to hold the chocolate heart...too cute!!!

Talk about cute...how about these little Hershey kiss-y mice that were brought in for us at work by a very creative customer! Love those googly eyes!
Hope everyone had a fun Valentines Day today sharing the love!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wonderfully cute projects for Valentine's Day. I will file away the ideas for next year. I love it when you post because it stimulates the crafty part of my brain. Thanks!