Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Panda Thank You's

Quick post today to share my very belated thank you cards that I'm actually still in the midst of finishing...

Stamped and colored panda is from Mama Elephant's Incoming Mail stamp set. And the layout design for the card was inspired by a super cute card by Christina of Bubblegum Paper blog.

Christina used the Mama Elephant script die to cut a negative on the front of her card, but since I don't own that die, I tried to improvise by creating a cut file using Ballerina font and having my Silhouette cut it on the front of the card. As you can tell from the photo, it did not cut as clean and perfect as you would get from a metal die.

Although I wasn't entirely happy with how my cards turned out, they were pretty much quick to put together so that was good enough for this time. Anxious to give this card design another try soon when I'm not in such a hurry...and hopefully then I'll be happier with the result!

1 comment:

Shuly said...

your card looksbeautiful ! it's very cute and harmonious. i can see why you would be not totally happy about the text cutting...wouldn't it have been neater sticking the cameo cut out text on top of the cardstock ?if you see what i mean