Sunday, December 11, 2016

Turkey Treats and Birthday Surprises

I'm sorry to say I've been MIA on my blog lately due to me struggling to finish our Christmas cards. I think I bit off more than I could chew when I chose a design for my cards this year...funny how making one card always seems simple enough but having to do multiples always takes so much longer. Anyway, I'm taking a break from that to share these little turkey treat holders my sweet friend Lorna made for us at work before Thanksgiving. Aren't they just absolutely adorable?

The body of these turkeys is a piece of cardstock scored and adhered at the top to create a tent shape to hold little chocolates inside. I think Lorna used a flower shaped cutting file for the tail feathers and circle punches for the fun cute eyes, a triangle for the beak and a teardrop punch for the wattle. Isn't it amazing how Lorna manages to make clean and simple look so darned cute? Love it!


Then to my surprise and delight, a few days after Thanksgiving, my dear friend Kris delivered these goodies for my birthday!

Isn't this paper pieced teddy with his honey jar that Kris used to decorate the gift bag just adorable?

And goodness, how kawaii is this Pochacco birthday card? 
But wait...we all know how talented Kris is with creating the best moving and interactive cards, right? So watch what happens when you pull on the little tab on the right side of the card...


Pulling on the tab makes Pochacco roll down the street on his skate board while something starts to unfold from inside the card...

Whoa! How cool is that! How did she do that!
Haven't had the time to sit and figure this one out yet...but I'm hoping Kris will teach me how she does this super fun interactive card!












And this is the little carnation Latte look a like who visited me at work again this year with loving birthday wishes from hubby and Latte!

Okay, gotta get back to working on my holiday cards and projects... I may not have a chance to post again till next year, so here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. See 'ya in 2017!


No comments: