Monday, August 15, 2016

Missing You...

Sent a care package of assorted rice crackers and furikake to my daughter and son in law last week to liven up their gluten-free diet and let them know we miss them a lot.

Here's the card I included in the box. It's one of those window cards with acetate for the window...it's been years since I've made a window card so I thought it would be fun to try making one again. The window and curtains were created in Make the Cut program by welding shapes together.

The paper pieced puppy is a cutting file called "Puppy Love" purchased from "Little Scraps of Heaven" I used the standing puppy file, but changed the order of layering the pieces and added a tail to make it look like a back view of a standing puppy.


Then when the card is open, you see puppy's face peeking through the window! To the outside view of the window, I added a flower box with some colorful flowers. Grassy border was cut with a die from DieNamics. I used Cheery Lyn's "Baby's Breath blossom" die for the tiny flowers in the grass and tree is a cutting file from Cricut "ZooBalloo" cartridge.
Had so much fun putting this card together, especially since puppy looks like our own little Latte who misses our daughter and son in law "a latte" too!

4 comments:

Jadams said...

What a sweet card! Latte is too cute.
Now I'll have to try a window card.
Hmm, maybe a little boy or girl hoping to see Santa?

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! This is so cute! They will love it and all their goodies!

Lynn said...

Awwww! That is the cutest doggie card ever! I love how you made the front of the card with the dog inside the house and the inside of the card was him looking outdoors. I usually do it the reverse and now I am thinking I want to try one like yours. You've inspired me again! Thanks for sharing your ideas and talent.

Tina H said...

Oh gosh!! This is just the cutest card!! I love your use of the pup. What a wonderful idea! This card is sure to bring a big smile. Hope you have a wonderful day <3