Sunday, August 21, 2016

BFF Panda

Found myself in the panda-lovin' mood again lately so I started making a few panda themed crafts for fun. Decided my BFF needed a panda card for her birthday!

Found a cute panda image online, converted him into a cutting file and enlarged him using Make the Cut program so he'd fill the entire front of the card.

I was itching to have another go at the Pop Up Accordion Panel Card I made for the first time a few weeks ago, but this time I changed the shape of the accordion panels to hearts.

Here's how the card looks on the inside when completely open. I am totally in love with how the accordion folded heart panels lift up and spread open as you open the card!

I used Make the Cut to weld heart shapes together for the accordion panel and to create the cutting file for the sentiment using Ballerina font.

Here's a side view showing the V-fold Pivot mechanism that creates all the fun movement and pop up on this card. You can view the video tutorial for this card by Kevin Devine on You Tube here. I had to make one small change since I changed the shape of the panels from rectangles (on the original tutorial) to hearts. To prevent the pivot handles from showing when the card is opened, I cut the original pivot handles off and replaced them with narrower strips of cardstock glued to the inside of the V-fold.

Used my favorite panda stamp from Mama Elephant's "Pandamonium" set to decorate the inside of the card. Had so much fun making this! Stay tuned for a couple more panda projects coming up next!


2 comments:

LostnThought said...

That is so cute! I love seeing you play with that pop up design! So many creative ideas, I may have to give it a try myself. If I ever get the craft room cleaned up enough to have a place to play!

Jadams said...

Really like the hearts as the pop out. Thanks for the tip about attaching them to the V-pivot. Think I'll try it.
Definitely a fun type of card.