Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Card To Amuse Dad

Still catching up on posting birthday cards from last year. This one was made for my dad who turned 92 in November. Always a challenge to come up with guy cards...LOL, even harder to think up a card for an OLD guy! Decided to make a Magic Color Card for him, hoping that he might be amused by it.
I chose to use good ol' Mickey Mouse for his card...Mickey turned 82 years old in November, so he's nearly as old as dad...and even tho dad's memory isn't so good anymore, I figured he'd still remember Mickey Mouse, right? I used a coloring book image of Mickey found on the internet and added the "92" behind him  Found some old vintage Mickey Mouse scrapbook paper in my stash which I thought might be fun to use as a background.

Pull up on the Mouse head shaped tab at the top of the card and Mickey disappears from the window...

...and re-appears at the top of the card all colored in! Always a fun card to give, and not too hard to put together. I used the tutorial by Beate Johns found here at Splitcoast Stampers.

As it turns out, dad was more amazed to learn he was 92 years old than with the color changing card. "Wow!!! I'm 92 ?!!! Wow, I'm old, huh" Happy Birthday, Dad...we love you.

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You always come up with the cutest ideas. So cute that he was more surprised learning how old he was. I'm sure he'll treasure the card that he knows was made with love from the heart. Happy Belated Birthday to him.

Lynn said...

Beautiful card and funny story! The 'magic' of the card is so Disney....love it! My husband would love a Mickey card like this....gotta remember to make one for him. It is hard to come up with guy birthday cards.