Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Hoppy Easter!

Here are the Easter basket treat boxes I put together for sharing with friends and family this year. The design for these boxes was totally inspired by some cute Ghiradelli candy boxes I spied while browsing the Easter aisle at the store. I thought the box design was so cool and went home to try to create a template cutting file for something similar in MTC (Make the Cut). Once I got the trapezoid shaped box on the inside figured out, the rest wasn't too hard. I created a basket shaped "cover" for the trapezoid box to sit in and tied the handles together with a tulle bow.

After all fifteen baskets were finally cut and assembled, it was time for some fun decorating! Martha Stewart Layered Arches edge punch was used for a lacey border and Die-namics Grassy Edges die for the grass. Eggs were cut using a cutfile from My Scrap Chick, butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I used a mini punch from Punch Bunch for the tiny flowers.
Sweet little lop eared bunny is from one of my favorite cutting files, "Fluffy Bear and Bunny" from My Scrap Chick.
I glued the trapezoid box to just the back side of the basket shaped "cover" so the front side of the cover would fall open once the bow was untied. This made it easier to open the top of the box to get to the rice krispies cookies inside and also gave me a place to add a sentiment. Got the recipe for the cookies online here...a good one to try if you like crunchy buttery cookies.
Had so much fun putting these baskets together! Maybe a little challenging in the beginning to create the template on my own, but definitely a lot more satisfying in the end!
Can't leave without sharing the fabulous goodies I received too! 
We always look forward to Heather's kawaii cooky creations at Easter...hers are definitely the most YUMMI-LICIOUS decorated cookies ever! But they're so darned cute that I almost hate to eat them!
Double CUTE-NESS ALERT!!!! This pair of adorable Easter baskets filled with chocolates comes from sweet Lorna. TWO too cute, especially adorned with stamped and colored images from Dandelion Designs!

And finally...our Easter Greeting to you...(starring a very patient Latte!)

Happy Easter!
To My Favorite Peeps...
From Some Bunny Who Thinks You're Special!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sweet Easter treat baskets! I'm sure your friends were thrilled.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I must say, you sure come up with the most cutest ideas. Your Easter treat baskets are so sweet!