Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Anniversary to our Favorite Couple


My daughter and son in law celebrated their third anniversary last month...and yup, I made another sliding box card. I was already embarrassingly late with my card before I even started, and this was the quickest "nice" card I could come up with at the time so I just went with it, this time changing the window to a heart shaped one.

On the inside, I used a cute boy and girl paper piecing file called "Kissing Booth" from SVG Cutting Files.

Since the original cutting file on this only included the top half of their bodies, I used one of the Paper Dolls Add-Ons (also from SVG Cutting Files) to weld on the bottom half of their bodies and their legs in MTC (Make the Cut).

I always find it fun to add a few little subtle details to bring back memories of their wedding whenever I make my daughter and son in law's anniversary card. Though they probably didn't recognize it, the pretty patterned paper (retired, from Basic Grey) I used on the outside is one of the papers I had originally used to create one of their wedding invitation samples three years ago. And in keeping with the lovebirds theme they had for their wedding, I added a bird held banner for the Happy Anniversary sentiment. Birds are from the Cricut 3 Birds On Parade cartridge, and banner is a from a internet image search rendered into a cut file with MTC.

I used paper blossoms from All Natural Accents glittered with Stickles together with foliage from a Nellie Snellen punch on the bottom corners of the box, and a corner flourish die from LaLa Land embellished with flatback pearls and jewels on the remaining corners. And finally I added a scalloped heart frame embellished with more pearls for the window.


Views from the top of the box show the glittery Best Creation Inc sakura paper from the Kimono line used on the inside of the box and where the couple is attached to the sliding mechanism.
LOL, I think just about everyone on my cardmaking list has at least one (or maybe even two) of this sliding box style cards already. Guess it's about time to start looking for another style card to have fun with....

7 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a beautiful card Eunice! Guarantee it made your dtr. and SIL's anniversary very special. Love the details and yes, the two birds holding the banner. CUTE! Happy, happy crafting.

Leanne said...

Wow Eunice! Just Wow!! I bet they didn't care it was late, it was worth the wait. Happy Anniversary to your family!

Jadams said...

Love your card, Eunice. Just like the others you've done.

I wish you would show how to make this type of box card.

eunice said...

Jessie, please email me so I can send you the cutting files.

Lynn said...

That is the most gorgeous handmade anniversary card I've ever seen. I love the colors and all the dainty details. I'm sure your daughter will treasure it forever. You are so talented!

Jadams said...

Eunice,
I cannot access your email for some reason.
Please send the files to mine:
baseballclayfun@yahoo.com

Thank you very much!

Tina H said...

Oh this is wonderful!! I think anyone would love receiving a dozen variations of this card! It is very cool! I wish I knew how to make one. That is my goal this summer to try new things. Your cards are extra special because of these fabulous folds :)