Saturday, August 2, 2014

Another Accordion Birthday Card

Still having fun playing with my Elizabeth Craft Designs Oval Accordion Card die by Karen Burniston. This time for a birthday card for my sil. I'm finding this die really comes in handy especially when I'm in a pinch for time and need to come up with a card FAST!
This time around I used Mariko and Miyoko from Sister Stamps to decorate my card. Colored them up with Copics and placed them on the oval panels embossed with a Darice Cherry Blossom embossing folder. Since the cherry blossom outlines on this particular folder are very thin, I swiped the folder with a pink inkpad prior to putting it through my Big Shot to make them show up better. The birthday sentiment on the center panel is computer generated, using Janda Stylish Script, A850-Deco, and New Zurica fonts. Tiny double layered blossoms were made using Punch Bunch and Carl sakura punches.
Pretty much happy with how this card turned out, considering I was in such a rush to finish it in time. Really glad I decided to invest in this accordion die. One thing that's great about these Pop It Up's dies are that they are thin dies so they don't take up a lot of room. Designer Karen Burniston has come up with lots of new ones with neat matching accessories too! I simply couldn't resist and picked up the circle and fancy label ones too...planning to hopefully use them for my holiday cards later this year....we'll see!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Pretty!!! It looks like it took forever to make! How do you make things look so easy? :) What a fabulous die to make a wonderful interactive card. Love the colors and the details including your coloring of the girls. Your SIL will love it!
Have a nice weekend!

Lynn said...

Gosh, your sister-in-law is a lucky gal to be receiving this awesome birthday card. I love the colors and how you tied everything together with the sakura blossoms. Your cards are always such a treat to look at and you generously explain everything. The idea of swiping the embossing folder with ink is a genius technique. I plan to try it out a soon as I can. Thanks!

Little C's Creations said...

This is sooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!! <3

Tina H said...

This is beautiful! It's hard to believe that this is what you call a "fast" card! It looks so hard to make. You did a wonderful job coloring too. Thank you for inspiring me. Because of your beautiful works of art I have started buying markers and stamps again. I am a bit intimidated with the coloring but I've been playing around. I need to get enough colors to try the blending techniques that you use. You are amazing Eunice! :)