Saturday, June 28, 2014

For the Pharmacy School Graduate

I've always thought the month of June was for "Dads and Grads"... Fathers Day and Graduations, right? Turns out it's no longer true. I have 5 graduates amongst friends and family this year and all but one graduated in May...which means I'm late...as usual. I did manage to finish 2 cards on time, but *sigh* I'm still working on the last three.
This was the first of the two that got done in time, this one for the son of my dear friend Kris who graduated from pharmacy school.

Wanted to keep with the pharmacy theme so I used the Suit Easel Card cutting file from My Scrap Chick, and added a little pocket with a computer printed "Rx" on it to make it look like a pharmacist's consultation jacket. It's so nice to use a pre-designed cutting file; without having to worry about about any goof ups on measurements!
Then just for fun, I labeled a few prescription vials with the graduate's class and school and filled them with cash. Wrapped these, together with several empty prescription drug stock bottles in cellophane and tied them together with ribbon to create an unconventional kind of lei that only a pharmacy graduate would appreciate. Hoping Kris' son enjoyed this as much as I had fun putting it together! Congratulations, Brandon!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh Eunice! I'm always in awe when I see your creations. You sure tied in the pharmacy theme so well. You have an imagination of a craft genius. Have a great weekend.

Jenny said...

Those projects are super fun!! Love the grad cap!

Leanne said...

Wowee!! This gift is awesome! So much thought and detail went in to the card and lei and it shows. Fabulous job Eunice!!

Creations by Patti said...

VERY VERY Cute grad project for a Pharmacy degree graduate - how coolis that?