Friday, January 10, 2014

Treasured Birthday Keepsake

This post is long overdue...I've been wanting to share this fabulous birthday gift I received from my best blogging pal Patti of Creations by Patti for the longest time, but the holidays got in the way. Now that all the holidays are over, I'm so excited to share this with you. Actually "fabulous" is an understatement for this....come take a closer look and you'll see what I mean!
What you see here is actually a box with a depth of about an inch. Love the gatefold shoji paneling on this with the translucent vellum and  pretty sakura blossoms on the front.
Center front is a circular magnetic closure with a glittered blossom. And to the bottom right of the box, you'll see a small metal crank...slowly turn the crank and voila! Hear the sweet tinkling sounds from a music box hidden inside playing a Happy Birthday tune!!! How wild is that!
Now open up the shoji doors and inside is this amazing shadowbox scene with Lala Land's Marci beautifully colored in her glittery red kimono and parasol. This is a real shadow box, with everything inside layered for dimension and sealed with a sheet of acetate. WOW, right?
What's really unique about this shadowbox is that it is built up from several layers of foam core with sheets of acetate sandwiched in between. The "elements" inside (the bridge, grass, pagoda, sakura, and Marci) were adhered to different layers of acetate to give that fabulous "floating" dimension inside this box. Super duper COOL, huh! Ummm....excuse me, can someone please pick me off the ground?!!! I'm afraid my photos don't do this justice...you really gotta see this irl! Better yet, head on over to Patti's blog now to read about and see all the deets on how she put this amazing, knock-your-socks-off project together!
I am truly blessed to have this incredibly talented and creative lady for a special friend. Thank you, Patti...you are the BEST!

4 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Would sooooo like to see this in person - everything Patti does is magnificent! Enjoy your treasure Eunice - may you are have many more blessed Birthdays!
Jan

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Patti is totally amazing!!!!! What a stunning card. She sure put her heart into this fantastic card.

Creations by Patti said...

YOU are so special, Eunice. I had great jpy making this for you. I knew you would appreciate it. And, it was a belated birthday "card" for you! hugs..........P

Cccam Server Best Provider in UK said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already Cheers!I must admit that this is one great insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and really take part in creating something special and tailored to their needs.

Cccam Server