Monday, October 14, 2013

Kimono Marci Birthday

This is the card I recently sent off to my dear friend, Gene who celebrated her birthday last month. Inspired yet again by a card spotted on the Crafty Card Making site, I decided to try and make a variation of their Open Front Push and Pull card. Though the mechanics of their Push and Pull card is different than mine, I thought the end result looked pretty similar. Yup, it's another one of those sliding pop up box cards that I always have so much fun with.
This time I cut the front of the box down at an angle, placed my greeting at the front corner and added die cut sakura along the sides. Sakura were cut from WikiCaps sakura and sakura outline dies then brushed with Stickles. Centers were punched from text weight pearlized gold paper using a Nellie Snellen stamen punch.
Kimono Marci with Fan is a digital image I purchased from the La-La Land Crafts website. Used Copics to color her up and paperpieced her kimono and fan using digitized washi paper. The bridge is a die cut, also from La-La Land Crafts. Added pearly gold accents of Smooch to the bridge and Marci's kimono.
Here's a shot from the top which shows the bridge attached to the sliding element inside the box, and a shot from the back where I added my sentiment.  Shaped back panel for this card was created in MTC by welding basic oval and rectangle shapes together. On the inside, I used patterned paper from My Little Shoebox...I thought it looked kinda neat with the kokeshi on the bridges in the background behind Marci on the bridge.
And finally, the folded flat shot...all ready for mailing. Had fun experimenting with this open front style sliding box card...will definitely have to try this again soon!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

As usual, this is another super-duper card. You are really good at finding just the right papers and images. Your coloring is fantastic too! I love the how the scallops of the card re-emphasize the bridge's arc. Thanks for giving me some beautiful ideas!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho wow, what an amazing card. You did a fabulous job. The DP is PERFECT too. Digitized washi paper? Oh, I must look into that. TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- how cool is this! Your work is amazing!!!

Creations by Patti said...

A really wonderful job on this push pull card - love the combination of papers used for Marci. You are really getting good at this card style. I gotta try it. Gene is a lucky girl to receive this beautiful creation!!!!I can't wait for the La-la Land retreat coming up at the end of the month (not sure if she will feature the Kimono Marcis).