Sunday, October 6, 2013

Kimono Kitty Easel Calendars

Needed something cute but quick and easy to donate to my mom's Senior Citizen group  for the annual Senior Fair held last weekend. LOL, originally I had all kinds of ideas in my head of neat things I wanted to make for this year's fair since I think my mom was a little disappointed with my donation last year. Ahhh...but due to my poor time management skills (and Candy Crush Saga...) I fell behind schedule and had to keep it simple again this year... Really wanted to try to make something that would be "useful" so I chose to do easel calendars.
Decided to go with Hello Kitty since she's always a crowd pleaser and easy to piece together. The original image is from a coloring book and I used MTC to create the cutfile. Digitized washi paper was used for the kimono and sakura background paper is from My Little Shoebox Cherry Delight collection. Once all the pieces were cut, the assembly went pretty quickly and I was able to finish a bunch of these in a weekend. Mom seemed pretty happy...I hope they sold okay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Always love these cute easel cards, especially with HK on them. So cute with her sainty kimono and also functional as a calendar, too. Bet they sold out!

eva said...

what a great calendar! and hk is so cute!