Sunday, November 4, 2012

Heart Frame Easel Card

Had so much fun making my first card using the flowered frame cut from the Cricut Love Struck cartridge couple months ago, that I couldn't resist playing around with that cut again for another thank you card. I had been toying around with the idea of a frame or window type easel card in my brain for some time and decided it was time to give it a try.
The frame cut comes from Cricut Love Struck cartridge (now retired), flower layers are from Plantin Schoolbook cut in various sizes, and mini butterflies are from Memory Box Butterfly Delights die.
For the stop, I used branches punched and trimmed from Stampin' Up's Two Step Bird punch. The card base was created in Cricut Design Studio by welding the black out cut of the flowered frame at the top. A Robins Nest dewdrop is the center for the blossom on the top of the frame and I used Viva Liquid Pearl Pen to do the centers for the rest of the flowers.
This is what the card looks like when returned to it's flat position...
 
...and a peek of the card on the inside.
 I was happy how this card looked once it was propped up, but a little disappointed that it turned out kind of flimsy...lol, or maybe I should say "delicate"....  because the width of the leafy stem part that forms the heart shape of this frame was probably too narrow. And since I used another frame cut instead of  a solid piece of cardstock as the folded easel support, the finished card front might have seemed a little confusing to a recipient who is not familiar with how an easel card works. Fortunately, this card was created for my blogging friend Lynn of Ben Franklin's Lynn's Craft Blog (who is a seasoned and "pro" at crafting), for a very special surprise RAK I won on her site. Lynn always inspires me with her beautiful creative craft ideas and I love to visit her blog to stay in the know of the newest and coolest crafting tools and ideas hitting the market. Thanks so much, Lynn!


3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW!!! This is totally gorgeous, elegant, fabulous, amazing, etc, etc, etc. Love all the beautiful details.

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for mentioning and linking my site. I still have this delicately gorgeous card on display in my home where I look at it daily. It is a wonderful example of your paper crafting magic. I am so glad that you are my generous and talented blogland friend.

Jan Castle said...

WOW...this card is amazing!
Paper Hugs,
Jan