Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Panda"monium!

Not sure exactly why but lately I find myself wanting to create things with pandas on them...these origami fold bags were made to be donated to my mom's senior group for sale at their craft fair fund raiser last month. Same tote bag I made earlier this year with a few changes.
I used cardstock for the handles instead of ribbon this time, and am much happier with how it looks. Also changed panda's face a little, I think he looks better now too. For the flower, I used the same sakura cutfile I had created earlier for the tag on our Cricut Club bag swap last month. Patterned cardstock is from My Little Shoebox, Aiko collection. Everything came together pretty quickly so I was able to make several of these in a short amount of time.
Then in addition to the Hello Kitty Post It Note Holders, I also made a bunch of panda ones. Super duper quick and easy...these are part of the Kyoto Kuties free SVG files shared by Jin over at Under A Cherry Tree. Sigh...I think mom was a little disappointed with all my little quick and easy projects, but at least I know everything did sell. Next year I promise to come up with something better, mom.
And here's yet another panda project....found this cute guy on the internet and couldn't resist creating another panda cutfile.
Used Make the Cut to create the cutfile and cut him in vinyl to decorate a cup for a special friend. Oopsie! As you can see I didn't do a good job of aligning the black vinyl onto the white...see the white showing through by his feet?  Cut panda one more time using cardstock to create a matching tag for my gift.
Got one more panda project to share, but will save that for another day...

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh boy, your mother should have been very happy with your cute crafts. I especially like the panda items. I am still admiring the sweet panda tote you sent me. Thanks again!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw these are cute Eunice...I know I've been hooked on those bags myself... Being making alot of them for gifts and forgetting to take pics of them to be posted.... They are so simple and fun to make and I get so many compliments.....
Love those Pandas and I'm glad they all got sold.....

Jenny said...

Wish I could have bought these! I love pandas too!!!

Joy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Your Pandas! I'm a Panda fan and I LOVE the way your projects turned out! Thanks so much for sharing!

Have a great week!