Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lorna's Amazing Haunted House Treat Box

Are you ready for Halloween? Nope...not me! I'm STILL working on my projects...so I can't post them just yet. But just had to share this fabulous haunted house treat box I received last week from my friend Lorna. Isn't this just AMAZING?!!!! The detailing on this haunted house is absolutely crazy...each of the four sides is different, so intricate...and beautifully decorated!
 Lorna used a Sizzix Gingerbread House Bag die to create her haunted house...so clever! She added texture by running her cut through an embossing folder and I love how she cut the icing part in green, inking it up in black to give her house a very cool eerie-ness. Cute skeleton, ghost, tree, and tombstone were cut with her Cricut using the Paperdolls Dress Up cartridge, fence is a Martha Stewart punch, and the adorable little witches are digital clip art images from Leigh's Wishing Well. The addition of the large circle cut full moon pulls everything together to complete this totally amazing project. But wait, that's not all....

Look at the surprises I discovered inside! Yummy candy coated chocolate "pearls" in festive Halloween colors...and a witches' broom!  Can't see too well from the photo, but the broom is actually a candy pop dressed in fringed tissue and twine...how cool is that!
Needless to say, I was simply blown away by all of this! And get this...Lorna later told me that she made SIXTY of these! Thank you, so much Lorna! Every minute, all the thought, and love you poured into creating this incredible treat box is truly appreciated!

No comments: