Saturday, August 4, 2012

Make the Cut Swing Card

This was actually a personal challenge to myself...at first I thought it couldn't be done...Well, it took me quite awhile, but I think I finally figured out how to create a cutfile in MTC for a swing card (aka flip it card) with a fancy label shape. Decided to test my cutfile by using it to make a birthday card for my dear friend, Pat. (Please pardon the color discrepencies in the photos caused by poor lighting...)
The cutsie hedgehogs are a cut from Cricut Create A Critter cartridge, and the grass and flowers are quick cutfiles created in MTC.
Used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder to emboss the back panel and added stickles to the flower petals...
On the inside, I added a couple more hedgies and a mini birthday cupcake cut from an EK Success mini cupcake punch. This was a pretty quick and easy card to put together, once I figured out how to get the swing card base onto MTC. Not sure exactly what it is about these cards, but something about the way they open up just intrigues me! So far I've created (but have not yet tested) the circle, diamond, heart and flower shapes for the swing elements. Looking forward now to testing the files to make sure they actually cut and work correctly and maybe trying out more different shaped swing elements before novelty of it wears out for me.

5 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Bravo Eunice!!!!! So proud of you!!!!!
I finally found my SCAL 2...unopened! Now that I have all my entries done for the County and State Fairs, only one more project to go and I will put the SCAL on my computer and ...take a deep breath....give it a try with my Cricuit!!!! Any additional tips will be appreciated! LOL! Don't know why I'm so intimidated by all this...as the saying goes...it is easy when you know how!
Paper Hugs,
Jan in Salem, OR

Lynn said...

Your card made me smile today. The words go so well with your cheerful card. Thanks...smiling keeps me young.

Anonymous said...

What a cute card. Are you going to do a tutorial on this (hint hint)?
Thanks for sharing. Jo4Him

Creations by Patti said...

GASP - cute cute card!!!! You & I are def on the same page.............way cool!!!!

Kelly said...

How cute! Love the color combo. There is nothing wrong with the colors on this end, it is absolutly gorgeous. Pat will love this card.