Monday, June 13, 2011

Little Ladybug Turns One!

Here's the card I came up with for a baby girl's first birthday celebration we attended this weekend. The invitation was just adorable, with little ladybugs on it, so I thought it might be fun to keep with the theme for her card. I decided to keep it simple, focusing mainly on layering and dimension. I used AR Cena, a true type font, and MTC to weld and create the wording and the shadowing  for the front of the card. Ladybug comes from the Just Because Cards cartridge, grass border from Give A Hoot cartridge, and daisies are from an old 2x2 Quickutz die.
Cut several layers of each image and had fun layering them up with 1/16"  thick foam dots. And well, you know me... I just HAD to add some sort of interactive fun element, right?
LOL, so instead of just gluing little ladybug's wings in place, I attached them to her body with a brad so they could be spread open to reveal a "secret message" for the birthday girl.
Kept the inside of the card short and sweet with just a simple ladybug icon I found searching the internet.
As it turns out, the theme of the party was "ladybugs", and Bethany's mom and dad did a fantastic job of carrying out the theme. The table centerpieces were beautiful little ladybug bags sewn by Bethany's aunt, surrounded by tissue grass and flowers which were really little favor boxes filled with cookies. Darned, I wish I had my camera!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute card.
Wonderful colors and I really like how the ladybug's wings open for the message.
PJ(Jessie Adams)

Kelly said...

How adorable! So creative using the ladybug for the "O" in one and how the wings open for the Happy birthday message...how'd you do that without the brad showing? Thanks for the hugz for Charlee from you and Latte.

Cami said...

OMG Eunice, this has got to be THE CUTEST ladybug card I have ever seen! I like the way her wings open up to reveal that little message, and ALL the other components layered giving a great dimensional look! You've used so many different carts for these parts and it's just SO adorable!
Hugs, Cami