Saturday, December 25, 2010

In the Nick of Time (...barely!)

Our family Christmas cards barely got to the post office in time this year. (Note to self...no more paper piecing for Christmas cards!) Those little reindeer from Create A Critter are adorable, but piecing together 180 reindeer (2 per card) took way too long to do!
Our card this year was a swing style card. Took me a while to figure out, but I managed to create a cut file for it in Design Studio, which made cutting and scoring the card base pretty quick. I used Bazzill Bling (Feather Boa) for the base card and patterned paper is from the Provincial Princess collection at Lettering Delights, printed on ice gold text.
Holly and leaves are from a Martha Stewart punch, trees are Quickutz, and as mentioned earlier, the reindeer are from the Create A Critter cartridge. Font is LD Charming Bold. As a final touch,  a small red rhinestone was added  for one of the reindeer's nose.  Sadly, I didn't have time to do anything much else creative this Christmas, except matching tags for take out boxes filled with cereal mix for dh to take to work....
and a half a dozen more gingerbread houses, this time in a larger size, so I could fill them with pizzelles.

The larger sized houses were about 3-1/2 inches wide on the bottom. Photo on the left shows the relative comparison in size.

Wrapped these in cellophane and shared them with friends. Really had fun making these larger sized houses, they were a lot easier and came together a lot quicker than the earlier tiny version. Only wish I had more time to make more! Maybe next year...
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this year! And here's our Latte....


wishing everyone a "Merry Chris-MOOSE!"

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

very beautiful projects! Hope you had a nice Christmas!

Joy said...

such a lovely Christmas card! I think you did a fabulous job! lots of work but so pretty! love those reindeers! they are so cute! hope you had a wonderful Christmas! have a wonderful new year too! big hugs!

Teri said...

Eunice, you are one crazy crafter! I LOVE your christmas cards! I Can't wait to get an early start to my 2011 holiday stuff, I had way too much stress this year and I'm getting way too old for the pressure! LOL! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Love your swing card!

Wonderful exchange projects, too.
Very inspiring to visit your blog.
TFS

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Kelly said...

I was fortunate enough to get one of these babies and let me tell you 1st hand, the pictures DO NOT do them justice. They are way too cute. It's the type of card that when you look at it you can't help but smile over and over again! I cannot even begin to imagine making 90 of these...I would have had to start working on them in February! Thanks Eunice for thinking of me at Christmas...I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!