Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Got started way too late this year on Christmas projects and was unable to do all the things I had hoped to do. Definitely need to get more organized and start planning ahead of time next year. And definitely need to stop procrastinating!

We made our traditional batch of sweet cereal mix and packed them up in 16 of these cute Chinese take-out boxes for dh to take to work. Found these on sale the day after Christmas last year at half price...so glad I got them! Cut the snowflakes from Bazzill Bling diamond cardstock using the Joys of the Season cart at 3-1/2 inches to make the tags for these. Computer generated personalized sentiment was printed in blue, punched out with a circle punch, then mounted to the center of the stickled snowflakes with foam tape. Quick 'n easy and I really liked how the tags seemed to match the design on the boxes so perfectly.


Only had time to make one wire hanger Christmas tree this year. Decorated this tree with red mini lights and various sized, glittered butterflies, most of which I had picked up at a trade show. Originally I had hoped to make two trees but I ended up using all the butterflies (about forty!) on just this one tree. Kind of wish I had gone shopping earlier so I could have gotten some white iridescent tinsel instead of having to settle for the silver tinsel. Somehow the silver seemed to compete with the delicate butteflies and I was not as pleased with the result. This little tree went to my sil for her to take to her office.











Nearly every Christmas, my mom makes special little pins for me to share with my co-workers. It's almost like a tradition already, and everyone at work looks forward to getting these during the holidays. By now, each of us has a collection of these pins and wears all the different pins she has made on different days. This year we were all thrilled to get these cute little Christmas trees which she made using yarn and plastic canvas and decorated with sparkly multicolored rhinestones. Thank you, grandma!




Last, but not least is the Christmas card we sent out this year. Funny thing, the first sample of this card was created back in August, and yet our cards barely made it out on time this year. Obviously, I underestimated the time it would take to crank out 90 of these babies and procrastinated way too much! Honestly, without the massive amount of help from dd to create these and all the support from dh with our Christmas party, these would have never made it to the postoffice. Thank you, I love you both! Whew, so glad it's over! Merry Christmas, everybody!

2 comments:

Joy said...

glad to hear you're planning for next year =) I am just getting over this one and still have presents to deliver. man! cute tree and love the card. TFS! Have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Is there any way to get the instructions for making this fold card. I have been looking for it forever. I just love the way you did yours, it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Sharon atthesea@novuscom.net