Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back To School

The saddest day of summer happened last weekend when we had to say goodbye to dd as she left to return to school in Cali. Guess she's been back and forth at least 10 times already by now, but I still always feel so sad and empty when she has to leave. Dd is my best friend and we always get so close when she's home. Don't think I'll ever get used to her leaving. So here's the card that was sent to her the day after she was gone. Saw the idea in an old issue of Cards magazine, and always wanted to do one too.
Front of the card was embossed with the Cuttlebug Blossom Dots embossing folder and I used a hole punch for the window openings. Used foam tape to attach it to the pink card base for dimmension, and added a strip of darker pink cardstock behind the openings for contrast. Little daisies are from Quickutz, cut twice; once in cardstock and a second layer in vellum. Flower centers were glittered with Ice Stickles and ultrafine glitter. Sentiment is a rub on... "Missing you... already"

7 comments:

Teri said...

Awww, chicken skin, Eunice!! I feel like crying happy tears for you. It must be so hard to have your daughter go back to CA. Hope she's coming home for Thanksgiving or Christmas!! BTW, just love this card!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh my goodness! Your cards are gorgeous! I just discovered your blog and I'm adding you to my reader!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Eunice~This is a fabulous card. I love it. And just to let you know, I am a few days late, but I have posted your August RAK on my blog so it should show up there in just a bit! Thanks so much! Your cards are so FABULOUS! Thanks again.

Joy said...

very cute card...sorry that your daughter had to go away...I'm dreading the day my 8 yr old will leave me...I hope you can cheer up and have a good day =)

"Um Buggin" said...

Beautiful card Eunice!! You DD will love it, she is right here in the sunshine state with me. She will be fine. Thanks for sharing, chat soon.

"Um Buggin"

Denise said...

Eunice,

I really love this card. What a great idea. My daughter starts shool next Tues. (HPU) I'll miss her just being home during the day with me. It must be harder for you with your daughter being off island.

Hugs~

JackieLou said...

Oh Eunice I love this card.. love the whole missing you flower part... 2 thumbs up + 8 other fingers heheheh...
Happy sunday..
jackielou