Sunday, August 28, 2016

More Panda Fun

As promised, here are a few more panda themed projects that resulted from my recent panda lovin' mood. This first one is actually a "boxy" envelope I put together to hold some gift cash I wanted to give to congratulate my sweet niece who just passed her nursing registration exam. Used the adorable panda stamp from Mama Elephant's Pandamonium set again and the same word bubble cutting file and left over patterned papers from the BFF Panda card in the previous post. Also used Ballerina font once again to create the cutting file for the "hurray".

Here's a look at the backside where I added the sentiment...

And here's the envelope open with the insert that holds the gift cash. Easy peasy and super quickie!


The next two panda projects are gift card holders. This one was inspired by my dear blogging pal Tina of Scrappin' Rabbit blog. Not too long ago Tina posted several super cute doggie gift card holders she had put together here that I totally fell in love with. Decided to try something similar with a panda instead. I used a panda head image found on the internet and created the arms and body by welding together ovals and rectangles in Make the Cut. Panda's arms are tucked under the heart he's holding to keep the card closed.

To open, untuck the arms from the heart...

...and untuck his chest from under his chin to reveal the sentiment and pocket for the gift card inside. Thought this was such a clever idea for a gift card holder! The best part is that you could probably add just about any animal or doll head to this to suit your fancy...Santa or snowman would be fun for the holidays!

This second super kawaii gift card holder is from a Make and Take hosted by sweet Kelli S. at our craft club meeting last month. Isn't this just too adorable?!!! Goodness! How did Kelli know that I was in a panda lovin' mood?

This gift card holder is pieced together to look like a gift box, complete with a hanging tag and lovely paper bow with cutie panda peeking from behind. Paper pieced panda comes from Cricut Create A Critter cartridge and the paper bow pieces were punched from Stampin' Up's bow punch.

A tiny piece of self adhesive velcro keeps the card closed, and inside a pocket for the gift card and lots of space below to add a sentiment. Despite all the controversies about gift cards, I still like to give and receive them...and I promise I put a lot of love and thought into making the gift card holders they came in!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Loved this post! It was a panda-monium of great ideas. Thanks you for making my crafting mind excited today!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

These are adorable. I love pandas and all of these panda inspired projects.