Wednesday, April 15, 2015

For a FAN-tastic Friend

Had another go at my favorite sliding box type card...this time as a birthday card for my sweet and super talented friend Lorna. 

Changed the window for this one to a rounded rectangle shape and put together paper pieced kokeshi Aoki and Panda images from Annelore Parot to peek out from the window.

Cutting files for kokeshi Aoki and Panda were created in MTC (Make the Cut) and I had them hold fans cut from Cricut's Pagoda cartridge. Digitized washi paper was used for Aoki's kimono and printed origami paper for the fans. Patterned paper for the base card comes from My Little Shoebox Cherry Delight collection.
Added my sentiment onto a freebie label svg designed and generously shared by Heather M. on her blog, Images By Heather M. 

Enlarged the same label and put it on the back of the box card for additional sentiments. Font used is Gaze Condensed ttf.

Here's the view from the top...where you can peek in to see kokeshi Aoki and Panda attached to the sliding element inside the box and the pretty patterned fan paper from Best Creation Inc.'s Kimono collection used for the background.

And here's what the card looks like when it's flattened to fit into a envelope. This sliding box card continues to be a favorite for me; still having fun coming up with different ways to decorate and embellish this! If you'd like to give this card a try, I have a mini tutorial for the basic sliding box card posted here. Have fun!


5 comments:

Leanne said...

oh my, this is FANtastik Eunice!! Super kawaii! Lorna is going to love it!!

Jadams said...

Wonderful card, Eunice.
Like the little figures inside and all of the papers used.

Do you have an svg file to share for this type of card?

I've made the other type box card and would like to try something different.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow, this Fan-tastic card is kawai'i to the max. Lorna will be in love with the keepsake you created for her birthday. Definitely has the "wow" factor.

Kate said...

Wow, your creations absolutely blow my mind! Really needed a pick me upper today, your card just made my heart sing! I came by to tell you I bought my first set of Sister Stamps! I first discovered them through you, so just had to share! Enjoy your week-end!

Tina H said...

This is the cutest ever!!! I think I may have to get the Make the Cut!!! Your projects are fabulous and I sure would love to make my own svgs like you do!! So many things I want to make...so little time :)