Monday, August 20, 2012

Meet Pucca!

Have you met Pucca (pronunced: puka)? Originally created by Korean animation company Vooz, she's a cute young Chinese girl, whose character has taken Asia by storm. Typically sweet and shy as an Asian girl should be, Pucca also posseses super strength ninja powers and an explosive personality when the need arises. LOL, she reminds me a little of my dear friend Patti of Creations by Patti, and I have been itching to do a card for her using little Pucca!
After creating a cutfile for Pucca using MTC, I decided to try my first center step style card. There are tons of different sized center step templates on the web, but for my card I decided to go with the one created and shared by Sandy Hulsart.
I used Spellbinders Label 9 for the center step, embossing it with  Crafts-Too's Blossom Mums folder.After attaching it to the center step, I trimmed away the excess from the center step to allow the front panel to stand out. Label for my sentiment was created by welding a rectangle from the George cartridge to the modern cube from the Paper Lace cartridge in Cricut Design Studio. Font used was WonTon, and patterned paper is digitized washi paper.
And here's how the card opens up...
I added another image of Pucca, this time with her best friend Ching, both created in MTC. This was a fun card to put together, although I did run into a problem with the weight of all the layers on the front center step not allowing the card to stand up properly. I ended up having to glue an additional layer of card stock to the base card to try and balance the weight of the card and that seemed to have fixed the problem somewhat. Have to remember to use a sturdier cardstock for my base next time around with this type of card.


8 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, how CUTE!!!! The sentiments are so sweet too. I love to eat with chopsticks. I tell my hubby it makes the food taste better. LOL. Happy crafting Eunice.

Cheryl said...

Cute Eunice!!! My daughter loves Pucca! Did you get the cut file off the internet for her? Your cards always amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card; love it! Jo4Him

Jan Castle said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Great job Eunice!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

shulsart said...

Eunice, your card is adorable and perfect for a first center step card. I am happy your found my template helpful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing.

Joy said...

what a cute card! love the image and the detail but the sentiment is fabulous! always doing the intricate projects! have a wonderful week!

Creations by Patti said...

I am so lucky to receive this card.....I think best friend's name is Chong (not Ching!).......right? The card is so cute as all the details are amazing. Thank you is not enough!!!! All I could say is: you did what to what and how? OK....I'm following the steps.......OK, well, maybe I get it! Thanks again to one amazing crafter!!! hugz, P

Lynn said...

Ahhh Sooo nice! As usual your expert craftmanship is evident in your fine work. I am always looking at your site for a shot of inspiration....thanks!