Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Friends Forever

One of the things I enjoy doing the most is spending time and reconnecting with old friends. Recently, a group of us who were very close in high school have been making it a point to try to meet for lunch at least a few times per year. Although some of us had not seen each other for years, we had no trouble picking up right where we left off... it was such a comforting feeling! For our most recent get together, I made these shadow box milk carton treat boxes to share with my special friends.

I started by fussy cutting images of my favorite iconic childhood friend characters, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. I used foam tape to layer two fussy cut images onto the original for a 3-D effect.

Inspired by the assembly video tutorial for a shaker milk carton box by "Oh Partyland!", I  created the cut file for this shadow box milk carton treat holder with a round window in Make the Cut Design program. A piece of transparency plastic was placed behind the window and the 3-D image of Pooh and Piglet was adhered onto a square box-like insert which I glued inside the carton. 

The top and sides of the carton were embellished with the word "friends" and a heart border cut from glitter cardstock using Karen Burniston "Greetings 1 Word Set" die and "String of Hearts" die from Impress Rubber Stamps. On the back, I used a freebie svg file for a label shared by "Images By Heather" to do a print and cut with one of my favorite "Pooh-isms", perfect to share with  dear old friends.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Those cartons turned out spectacular! I truly love the idea of a shadow box to decorate a treat box. I may have to 'borrow' this clever look. You are my inspiration to keep creating unique crafts.