Wednesday, February 14, 2024

You're a True Gem, Valentine!

 

Happy Valentines Day! These are the boxes filled with cookies I made to share with my "Gal-entines" this year.

I fell in love with these unique 3-D heart shaped boxes I saw online after Valentines Day last year and promised myself to make them for the following year...so here they are!

There are several slightly different shaped versions of 3-D Heart Box templates by different designers available; this one I chose to use is by Nilmara Quintela on Etsy. I thought the beveled edges on the box cover reminded me of a heart shaped gem so I created insets for each beveled panel in Make the Cut Design program, cut them from pink and red glittered cardstock, and glued them to the top to make the boxes shimmer like a gemstone. I used silver foil board and Waffle Flower's "Love Word" die to cut the script word love.

Inside, I filled the boxes with hubby's favorite buttery Lace Cookies. The boxes were quite roomy inside because of the beveled top and I was able fit six cookies in each box.

Last, I added my heart shaped computer generated sentiment to the bottom of the boxes. Thank you for dropping by today! I have a few more Valentines Day themed projects to share but will wait till I know our granddaughter has received them.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Good Golly Gemstones! These are the prettiest Valentine boxes I've ever seen. I can't believe all the work that went into making them. You have been super busy and 2024 has only begun. Please keep posting your creations as I love looking at and reading about their construction. Hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day. I've been busy unpacking and catching up with my correspondences...including a thank you note to you...LOL!