Monday, February 28, 2022

Belated Valentines

Life threw a few curveballs our way recently so crafting and blogging had to be put on pause for a little bit. Even though it was late, I went ahead and finished the Valentines projects I had started for our granddaughter and will be mailing them to her later this week. 
 

Early in January I was happy to find mini metal mailboxes while shopping at Walmart. After having seen so many posts of how others had embellished and decorated these mailboxes in the past, I was excited to give it a try as well. 

After measuring the mailbox I created a template in Make the Cut design program for the areas I wanted to cover with patterned paper. Fun heart themed papers (American Crafts and the Paper Studio) are from our shopping spree at JoAnn's when we last visited our granddaughter in  August.

I used a simple coloring book image of an Unicorn to create a cut file in Make the Cut and cut the pieces from  pearlescent, foil and glitter cardstocks. Unicorn eyes and nostril seemed a little too small to cut so I did the Unicorn's head as a print and cut. Mane pieces were cut from pearlescent white cardstock and colored in with Copic pens.

"Love You" and personalization was created using Cupid font and shadows. Originally I had planned on adding a second paper pieced unicorn to the side of the mailbox but being that I was so late, I opted to do it as a print and cut instead..

Happy Valentines Day sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in gold onto a scallop edged heart for the inside lid of the mailbox. Mailbox was filled with blind box toys from our granddaughter's latest favorite My Little Ponies. Although I bought six mini mailboxes hoping to dress them up for my "Galentines" this year, I only had time to do one. Thinking I may either decide to embellish them later as Christmas mailboxes to hold giftcards and holiday treats, or maybe just wait till next Valentines Day. 

In keeping with the unicorn theme, I also made a few of these fun swirl lollipop holders to send along with the mailbox. The cutting file "Unicorn Valentine" comes from My Scrap Chick and was very quick and easy to assemble.

The hardest part was finding a place that had these swirl lollipops in stock! Finally found them at Walmart and picked up their very last container of twenty pink ones. Not quite sure now what I'm going to do with the remaining 17 lollipops!

Before I close, I want to share two more fun Valentine treat holders which were created by my sweet crafty friend, Lorna.

Lorna very cleverly used a Silhouette design file for a 3 dimensional box card, "Kitchen Mixer Box Card" and converted it into a fun treat holder filled with candies.

Lorna made a Valentine mailbox treat holder too! Cutting file is "Mini Mailbox Treat Holder" from the Lori Whitlock store. I love the fun heart sealed mini envelopes in the mailbox and did you notice the adorable Maneki Neko on the front holding a Valentine too? So kawaii!!!
Thank you for dropping by. Hope everyone had a fun Valentines Day!


No comments: