Sunday, November 14, 2021

Have a "GROOT" Birthday!

Every year I try my best to come up with a birthday card that will amuse my son in law. It's challenging but fun because I find myself learning a lot about things he enjoys. For example, this year I decided to use  baby Groot on his birthday card.
Do you know Groot? Any Marvel Comics fan would know him as the tree character in Guardians of the Galaxy. Groot's vocabulary is limited to just three words, "I am Groot", but depending on the tone of his voice, those three words can translate to many different things, and it's usually something unexpected and funny.
 
I was happy to find several cute coloring page images of baby Groot which were rendered into cutting files in Make the Cut Design program. 

Then for a fun surprise, I used Karen Burniston's Flower Pot Pop Up die and planted a baby Groot inside. 

I used one of the stitched balloon dies from Craft Emporium's Balloons Galore set to add festive birthday balloons.

Just for laughs I added the translation for "I am Groot" in the sentiment box and a print and cut image of adolescent Groot's cassette tape of rock music. Birthday cupcake was cut and pieced from Cottage Cutz' Tiered Cupcake die set. It was fun putting this card together while watching and laughing at Groot video clips from old Guardian of the Galaxy movies on You Tube. Hope my son in law enjoyed his card as much as I enjoyed making it!

No comments: