Sunday, July 4, 2021

Another Rockin' Rectangle Grad Card

I had just enough time to finish a second graduation card this year; this one for my cousin's son. Since I was happy with how the first graduation card for my niece turned out (previous post), I decided to use Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle pop up die again to animate this card as well.

 
Once again, I printed the graduate's school seal onto cardstock to add the the front of the card. I didn't have an oval punch or die in the right size so instead, I used the print and cut function on my Silhouette to cut the seal out. The seal was mounted onto a border of cardstock in the school colors and a piece of acetate was attached to this to be the front of the card.

My cousin had mentioned to me that his son's field of interest was aeronautical engineering so I searched online and printed a page from an aeronautical technical handbook to use for the front panel of my card. I then used an old graduate silhouette cutting file I had created many years ago to cut a stencil into the copy of the handbook page. I added a stencil cut of the graduate's name underneath using Arial font. (I edited his last name out in my photos to avoid privacy issues). The stencil cut page was then adhered to a panel of glossy black cardstock.

I added glittery gold cardstock on the inside of the card and the graduate silhouette and sentiment panels were attached to the Rockin' Rectangle mechanism.

As the card is opened, the graduate silhouette panel pops forward and moves to the right to reveal the sentiment panel underneath. I enjoyed putting these graduation cards together this year; my only regret is that I wish I had gotten started sooner so I could have finished more of these in time for all the graduates on our list. Will definitely consider doing a repeat of this card style for our graduates next year.

No comments: