Sunday, September 13, 2020

What a CAT-astrophe!

 After making the masked Daniel Tiger card to send to our granddaughter (in my previous post), I wanted to create something similar to send smiles to some friends whom I've missed getting together and spending time with this year. 
I came across some handmade cards on Pinterest using  a clever play on the word "catastrophe". Then of course my favorite cat, Hello Kitty came to mind and I figured together this might be a cute idea for a card.

Just as with my last card, I used  a cutting file for the mask from the "Shelter In Place" file from Little Scraps of Heaven, sizing it to fit Miss Hello Kitty, then welding it into a round window for the front of the card.       

Cutting file for paper pieced Hello Kitty was created in Make the Cut design program from a coloring book image. 
Cutting files for the thermometer and caution tape as well as the printed virus image in the speech bubble are also from Little Scraps of Heaven's "Shelter In Place" file.  An icon symbol of a pump bottle found on the internet was rendered into a cut file to create the antibacterial bottle.

Just learned recently that we need to be sheltering in place for at least another two weeks in our area. I'll be mailing half a dozen of these cards to friends this week, hoping it might help to bring a little bit of cheer...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

What a well thought out and constructed card. I love all the details you added to make this Hello Kitty even cuter. Your creativity and desire to bring a smile to others are commendable. Paste a gold star on your forehead!