Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hello Kitty Eye Chart Card

 I made this card for a special young lady in our family who will be leaving home in a few weeks to attend Optometry School in Arizona. To create the custom eye chart for my card, I used the free eye chart maker app available online at the Homemade Gifts Made Easy website. So easy... all you need to do is type in the text you want on your eye chart, select a font and it's ready to download and print in a matter of seconds.

The soon to be Optometry student is my cousin's daughter, who happens to be a big fan of Hello Kitty, so of course I had to add a "geeky" Hello Kitty to her card. I also found some Bo Bunny Ruled Journal Paper cardstock in my stash which I thought would be perfect backdrop for this "back to school" card.

Decided to make this into a fun Surprise Pop Up Slider style card... pulling up on the tulle bow on the top of the card makes the front panel pull up like an easel, revealing our sentiment underneath.

I also adhered a clear envelope with a monetary gift onto the pull tab as an added surprise. The video tutorial for putting together a Surprise Pop Up Slider style card by Splitcoast Stampers' Beate Johns can be viewed on You Tube, here

I always enjoy making the Surprise Pop Up Slider card, especially whenever I want to enclose a gift card or monetary gift with a fun interactive card. 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

As a Hello Kitty fan, I really love this card and I'm sure the recipient did too! You totally impressed me with the eye chart message and the way that it connected to the occasion. The eye glasses on Kitty really sealed the deal, making this an 'eye-popping' card.

Diane S - Hawaii said...

I love your Hello Kitty card. It is awesome! I might just CASE your design and tweek it a bit. Thank you.