Sunday, November 17, 2019

Llama Accordion Card

For as long as I can remember, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for llamas. As a child and even as a mom, I can recall spending most of our time at the zoo, not at the lion or elephant cages, but at the barnyard display where we could pet and feed the llamas. So happy llamas seem to be the big trend now and I simply couldn't resist making a llama themed accordion style card for my daughter this year.

 I used the Pop Up Box Card Valentine Llama cutting file from the Lori Whitlock store to put together the three paper pieced llamas on this card. I enlarged the first llama for the "head shot" on the front of the card and gave her a crown of posies and paper punched leaves. The folded Happy Birthday banner is a print and cut file I created by welding shapes together and using LD Charming font.

The second and third llamas were sized to fit the oval accordion panels and I placed a birthday cake and presents on their backs to give them a festive look. The birthday cake was cut from Taylored Expressions Little Bits Cake and Stand die, and the presents are just rectangle and square shapes cut in various sizes with heart and circle shapes for the bows.

I added an additional accordion panel to the card in between the first and second llamas so I'd have a place for my sentiment.

All the panels of this accordion style card were cut using Elizabeth Crafts' Pop It Ups Accordion Oval Card die designed by Karen Burniston. I used some old Doodlebug papers from my stash to cover the outer panels and pink glitter card stock for the ovals... so girly, right?

Although it's been awhile since I've made accordion cards, still enjoy putting them together, especially for the wow factor in the finished card. Tossing around the idea of maybe doing an accordion style for the holidays... we'll see!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a beautiful, feminine birthday card. Your daughter will surely love it. I have a friend who also is fond of llamas and now I have an idea for her birthday card. I love the accordion effect and the sweet colors/images in the background.

Turn of the Page said...

Intteresting read