Sunday, September 8, 2019

Baker's Birthday

I wanted to create a baking themed birthday card for my very dear friend who works at a bakery and often shares her delicious specialty breads and cookies with us at our monthly crafting club meetings.

Found several very cute baking/cooking themed digital cutting files over at Marjorie Ann Designsand couldn't resist picking up a few! For this card I took elements from three different Marjorie Ann Designs cutting files: "Betsy Loves Baking", "Payton Pumpkin Spice", and "Baking Boys".

I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop Up Die for the fun but simple pop up mechanism on this card. Hard to tell from this photo, but as the card is opened, the panel with the baker bear on it pops forward and rises.


I especially enjoyed putting together this fun border of paper pieced breads cut using the Marjorie Ann Designs"Baking Boys" file. All the pieces were cut from white cardstock and colored with Copics. Doesn't it look yummy?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You really outdid yourself with this card. I love the baker bear and all the other die cut elements. The word puns are great too as are your color choices. I truly admire your crafting skills. Thanks for inspiring me and making me aspire to be a super paper crafter like you.