Sunday, August 4, 2019

Totoro Baby Blocks Card

When our dear friend who had a Totoro themed baby shower a few months ago gave birth to her beautiful baby girl, I just couldn't resist following up with another Totoro card.

I used the same Totoro cutting files I created earlier for her shower card, but changed the orientation and colors (pink!) and placed the paper pieced Totoros onto a Block style card.


Times New Roman font was used to spell "B-A-B-Y" on the front and baby's name, "A-R-I-A-N-A" on the back of the card. Panels for the blocks were cut from white card stock and run through a Cuttlebug heart embossing folder for texture. Tiny flowers to embellish the alphas were cut using a Punch Bunch mini flower punch and I used Ivory Seashell Nuvo Crystal drops for the flower centers.

To the tops of the blocks, I added a few paper pieced icons related to the Totoro story (yes, I finally got to watch the movie!), a leaf, acorns and a dust ball.

The Blocks card easily fold flat for mailing and I added a sentiment to the bottom panel. There are several tutorials on this type of card online, I really liked this one by the Janie, the Craft Princess from Crafter's Castle blog because she explains the "mathematical formula" for the card template so you can enlarge or shrink the card size to your own personal preference.

No comments: