Sunday, May 14, 2017

Daughter's First Mothers Day

Today our daughter celebrates her very first Mothers Day. Hubby and I became proud grandparents just a little over two weeks ago and I was so excited for my daughter that I started working on a Mothers Day card for her even before making ones for my own mom and mother in law..naughty me!

I decided to do a Tri-fold Screen  card, also known as a Tri-Fold Shadow Box card. I used an old cutfile I created a few years back for this style of card but found that I had to spend quite a bit of time resizing it. Later, I found a ready made cut file in the Lori Whitlock Shop... darn, wish I had seen that earlier; it would have saved me alot of stress and time! The center panel of this card is a shadowbox, where I added a silhouette of a mom and her baby.  Texture was added to the panel inside the shadowbox using the Hearts and Flowers embossing folder from Sizzix. Heart flourish on the bottom of the frame is a cut file from Miss Kate's Cuttables.


My sentiments were added to the two side panels...



...and a simple belly band keeps the trifold card closed.

Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Mothers Day with family today.

No comments: