Sunday, April 2, 2017

Love Birds 5th Anniversary

Keeping in theme with the love birds theme of their wedding 5 years ago, this is the card in a box style card I  recently made to send to my daughter and son in law for their wedding anniversary.

Instead of the usual square shaped box, I opted to try a rectangular shaped one like some of the ones I've seen pinned on Pinterest.

The best thing about the rectangular shaped card in a box card is that front of the card is wider, allowing me to put larger paper piecings inside without significantly increasing the overall size of the folded card.

I used the Lovebirds cutting file from Country Life Graphics for the bird couple and placed them on a nest created from the Nest on Branch cutting file from Miss Kate's Cuttables. And since the happy couple is expecting the birth of their first child very soon, I added a little egg with a pink bow (yes, it's a girl!) created using the Dainty Bow die from Mama Elephant. Sentiments on the flaps of the box were created in Make the Cut design program using Lettering Delights Charming font.

Our sentiments and best wishes were added to the back of the card.

Then as final throwback to their happy wedding day, I placed the card in a petal closure style envelope with a belly band and the same personalized seal  we used on their wedding invitations five years ago. So many warm, happy memories emerged as I was making this card...no wonder they always say crafting is so therapeutic!

No comments: