Sunday, July 24, 2016

Pop Up Crib Card

My BFF recently became a gramma, so I wanted to make a special card to welcome the new baby. For the front of the card, I created a layered oval window in Make the Cut and placed some cute paper pieced baby toys inside. Top window panel was run through Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder for some fun texture. Teddy and duckie come from Cricut New Arrival cartridge and the giraffe is from Create A Critter cartridge.

Inspiration for the inside of my card comes from Christine Peterson of Calla Lily Studio and her fabulous Card in a Box Crib card, and Traci Penrod's super cute Pop Up Crib Card. You can find several of Chris' cards as well as a wonderful video tutorial here; and Traci's adorable card and tutorial here. Loved both ladies' cards so much that I had a hard time deciding which to make. Then I thought, "Why not try and combine them both into one card?"

And this was the result...a Card in a Box Crib card glued to the inside of a card to make a Pop Up Crib Card.

The crib was designed in Make the Cut with basic shapes (circles, rectangles. hearts) combined and welded. I added struts on the inside like a typical Card in A Box so I'd have a place to attach little baby and his new toys. Toys are the same as were used for the front of the card and for baby I used the Baby Belly Box paper pieced cutting file from My Scrap Chick.

Here's a top view of the crib showing the struts inside the crib with toys and baby attached. Gluing one end and side of the crib into the corner of the card makes this into a pop up card.

Above the crib, I added a small pop up square with stars hanging from extended arms to create a little baby mobile.

And for the personalized touch...a banner made of colorful triangles and letters cut using Memo font and Make the Cut to spell out baby's name.

This all took a bit of time to put togehter, but so much fun! Hopefully I'll have a chance to try this one again for a baby girl...pink and little girly toys!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You've got my vote for best handmade baby card I've seen in blogland. I love that both the inside and outside of the card are super cute and coordinate so well. You are a card making genius!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG Eunice, that is one heck of an amazing card. You have a keen creative mind created another master piece. Love the colors, details, sentiment.....well, let's just say EVERYTHING. I'm blown away. Have a wonderful week.

Jadams said...

Super card, Eunice.
Have made the regular fold-up crib card and now I'll try your example.
Don't have anyone to send it to but love making cards!