Sunday, June 12, 2016

For A Nurse's Graduation

Today my dear sweet niece graduates from Nursing School and our entire family is so proud and happy for her. Had a great time putting together a fun card and some goodies for her to celebrate her big day.

The inspiration for this graduation card comes once again from my very creative and talented friend Patti, of Creations by Patti. You can take a peek at some of the wonderful graduation cards she created here. Like Patti, I used the cute girl graduate cutting file from SVG Cutting Files on the front of my card. I dressed her in red to match Seattle University's colors and gave her cap an apricot tassel to signify a nursing school graduate. I printed and cut out the university's coat of arms logo and added it to the background for a personalized touch.

And of course, just like Patti's card, I couldn't resist adding a wobbler to the graduate so she'd really jump for joy!

Here's the card on the inside with a Four Step Pop Up Card insert. I added the class year to the stairs using Make the Cut with Britannic Bold font. On the side panel of the stairs I used red foil board embossed with a Cuttlebug Congrats embossing folder.

Then I added a paper pieced nurse's scrubs to the panel next to the stairs. Saw many cute cards for nurses with scrubs like this on Pinterest and just had to add one to my card too! Stethoscope and name tag were created in Make the Cut. I used a tracing wheel to create the faux stitching along the neckline of the scrubs, and an Elizabeth Craft Designs die for the "Congratulations".

Here's the view from the top of the Four Step Pop Up card. Norma from From My Craft Room blog shares a great tutorial and template for this card here.


Then just for fun, I decorated a mini first aid kit with some washi tape and a paper pieced Hello Kitty dressed as a nurse. The inspiration for this comes from one of our wonderful customers at work who came by one day to bring several of these kits that she had beautifully decorated for us. These are fun and quick to put together, so I'm hoping I'll have time to do more soon.

And finally here's the crazy lei I made for her.

Not your typical flower lei, but instead one that's made up of oral syringes, a thermometer, bandages, and Rx bottles labeled with her school and class. I'm sure my niece will be getting lots of beautiful flower leis for her graduation so I'm hoping she'll get a kick out of this one from her crazy aunt and uncle...LOL!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful graduation ideas. Love the wobbler on the card. The inside of the card was amazing, too. I like the decorated first aid kit idea...practical and cute. The lei is unforgettable and sure to bring a smile to your lucky ('cuz she has a great aunty) niece.