Thursday, December 3, 2015

Happy Pumpkin Pie Day


OMG, OMG...can you believe it? The holiday season has already begun... and as you might guess from this late post, I'm struggling to keep up!
Nice to know that at least one of my friends is organized and on the ball...my dear sweet friend Lorna brought this beautiful and amazing pumpkin pie creation to our workplace last week just before Thanksgiving. I thought it was so clever how she put it in a plastic take out box to deliver. Oops! Sorry, looks like someone grabbed their piece of pie before I could even snap a picture of the whole pie.

Here's a shot of an individual slice of pie. Each slice is a wedge shaped box, filled with treats! I love how she added strips of brown cardstock to the bottom of the box and a scallop edged piece of cardstock to the lid to resemble the crust. The sweet paper rose reminds me of whipped cream, and the swirly embossing really makes this look so yummy! And the little banner on top of each slice of pie reads "happy pumpkin pie day"....awww....how adorable is that!

Hope that everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving spent with family and loved ones this year. I am thankful and truly blessed to be surrounded by dear friends and family who have always given their loving care, support and thoughtfulness throughout the years.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Please tell Lorna that the pie creation is awesome. Thank you to you for posting it. It gives me a great idea for future favor projects. I have a cake slice die but I never thought of using it to make a whole cake. Have a happy, crafty holiday season!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, your crafty pal Lorna "baked" a yummilicious Pumpkin Pie. So sweet and fun!!!!