Sunday, August 2, 2015

Clothesline Baby Card

Had to come up with a quick card for a baby shower couple weeks ago for a friend at work who's expecting twin baby girls...and all I can say is, "Thank goodness for Pinterest!" Saw a lot of darling clothesline baby cards and hoped I might be able to put one together pretty quickly.

Found several pins for Onesies on Pinterest, and chose to use a freebie file offered over at the Quilling Patch. No time to spend on choosing colors so I just cut them in white and colored them in with Copics later when I had time to think. Trees are a cutting file from Miss Kate's Cuttables, and I created the picket fence in Make the Cut (MTC) by simply welding triangle and rectangle shapes together. Thin steel dies were used to cut the grassy border (DieNamics), birds (Memory Box), flowers (CheeryLyn), and fancy corners (Cuttlebug). Frame is another a freebie cutting file from Heather M. I cut a length of white of white embroidery floss and tied to the tree branches for the clothesline.

I decided to put my clothesline scene on a Surprise Pop Up Slider Card, instructions by Beate Johns can be found here. Pulling on the tulle bow at the top of the card slides the clothesline scene back and up, revealing a place underneath it for a message or sentiment.

This top view shows the slider attached to the tulle which pulls out with more room to add a message.

And here's a side view that shows how the front cover folds back and up in a way similar to an easel type card. Not at all fancy, but I think the sliding movement of this type of card always makes this a fun card to receive.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a really pretty slider baby card. The trees and clothesline with TWO dresses are perfect!

Jadams said...

Sweet card

Tina H said...

Oh my goodness! I love how this slides up! I can spend hours looking for the right colored papers. Such a great idea to just color it in!!! This is just so pretty and adorable Eunice!!!! LOVE it!!