Tuesday, June 2, 2015

White on White Wedding

Often when creating cards for a wedding, I like to try and guess the color scheme the couple has chosen for their wedding from the colors on their invitation and use that same color for their card. But recently when we received a colorful wedding invite from hubby's cousin's son I couldn't figure out their color scheme, and decided to stay safe with white on white for their card. I love the simple elegance of white on white and chose three different shades of textured white cardstock...Bazzill Bling Glass Slipper, Star Dream Crystal, and DCWV Glittered White.

I started with a recessed window card (tutorial by Lynn Mercurio here), glued in the glittered cardstock from DCWV as the backdrop, and covered the front of the window with clear acetate. The beautiful bride and groom silhouette with the arched window is a free cutting file created and generously shared by Heather on her blog, Images By Heather M.  I cut two layers of this image, using my Silhouette machine; the bride, groom and hanging flowers using the Star Dream Crystal cardstock and the arched window using the Bazzill Bling. Both cuts were aligned and adhered onto the layer of acetate.

For a personalized touch, I added the bride and groom's names under the window by creating a cutting file in MTC (Make the Cut) using Pharmacy ttf. font. Hard to tell from the photo but this too was backed with a layer of glittered cardstock and clear acetate. And finally, I used my favorite Lala Land flourish corner die and some flatback pearls to embellish the corners.

Kept the inside of the card very simple as well. Used the Lala Land flourish corner die again, this time as "tabs" to hold a gift card envie in place. LOL, I guess all that whiteness started making me feel antsy so I just had to add a bold splash of color with a red and gold foil double happiness sticker to seal that envie!

3 comments:

Jadams said...

Gorgeous card, Eunice.
All of the elements work beautifully together.

Lynn said...

This is a very elegant and awesome wedding card. I really admire your skill in creating a white on white card....so hard not to include a touch of color....LOL! Personalizing the card with the names is a lovely thing to do. I'm sure the couple will be thrilled with your loving attention to details.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a beautiful card. I love white-on-white. In fact, I had to make one for my son to give to his friend who's getting married this weekend in Hilo. Chose white-on-white too. Love your idea of using the corner flourish as tabs to hold the envie in place. You are so clever. There will be a lot of ooohhing and ahhhhhing when the bride and groom set eyes on your card.