Sunday, May 10, 2015

For A BEARY Special Mom

Hello, hope everyone is having enjoying their Mothers Day today! Sharing the Mothers Day card I put together for my mom and mother in law today.Decided it was time to do something other than my usual favorite box style cards so I chose to do a Surprise Pop Up Slider type card.

Decorated the front of the card with paper piecings from a new paper piecing website I recently discovered, Cuddly Cute Designs. I fell in love right away with all the Cuddly Cute Animal cutting files on this website! For my card I used the Cuddly Cute Koala file and paired him with a hearts and flowers arrangement from the Bunches Of Love file.
After assembling, I placed both on a heart edged oval I created in Make The Cut (MTC). Center oval was embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Kassie's Brocade. LaLa Land Flourish Corner Die was used for the fancy corners, and the banner cut for the sentiments comes from the Cricut Wedding Solutions cartridge.
Isn't this little guy just adorable? I think he might just be my new favorite bear cutting file!
Pulling on the tulle ribbon at the top of the card makes the center decorated panel slide back and pop up to reveal the sentiment underneath.

Here's the side view to show how it works...
I used the tutorial/video by Beate over at Splitcoast Stampers to do this card. I really liked that she adds on a guide to the inside of the card to help the slider pull out more evenly. A fun card to make and hopefully to receive!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, what a super sweet Mother's Day card you made for your Mom and MIL, a true keepsake for sure. I can see why you love that koala bear, he's a cutie patootie. Happy Mother's Day Eunice.

Lynn said...

Oh so beautiful...as a bear lover I would have been thrilled to have someone make me this card for mother's day, but alas my boys are not crafty...neither is my hubby. LOL! I bet your mom loved this one!

Jadams said...

What a sweet card, Eunice!
And that bear is definitely cute.
Will have to browse that site.

Tina H said...

Oh wow these are so precious!! What a wonderful card to receive I'm absolutely sure they loved them! I love visiting you to see what you've been up to! I got kinda busy and haven't been by in a while and your projects are such a delight :)