Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Whale-Come" Baby!

Here's a card I recently made to celebrate the birth of a co-worker's grandson. Before he was born I found out that his nursery was being decorated with a nautical theme so I tried to keep with the theme for his card.I was happy to learn that baby's name was "LOGAN"... a five-letter name, which meant I could use the same building blocks card template I had created for the last baby card I made again...yay!
On the front of the card, I used the cute whale cut from Cricut's B is for Boy cartridge together with a sailboat cut created in MTC from an image found on the web. Scallop edge borders to simulate waves were created in MTC as well. I used adhesive foam squares to pop the layers of "waves" to try to create the look of different depths of water for the sailboat and whale. Background cardstock was embossed using Sizzix Stars and Swirls folder.
This is what the Building Blocks card looked like on the inside. Busted out my old Quickutz dies to decorate the inside of this card....Mini Blossom font die for the alphas on the blocks and 2x2 dies for the dolphins.
Here's the view from the top. As you can see, I completely snipped away the thin cardstock pieces between the blocks (which normally fold towards the back of the blocks) and replaced them with a single solid piece of cardstock in blue in hopes to make the card a little bit more durable.
I won't lie and say this was an easy card for me...LOL...anytime I have to take out my exacto knife and ruler to make a card you can bet I struggled! But I did have fun with the decorating and maybe if I do this a few more times, I'll eventually get the hang of it?


6 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Love this, Eunice!! So CUTE!!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh, how CUTE is that???? You are an expert in creating cards and paper crafts with the perfect theme. You created another keepsake.

Lynn said...

Goodness, this is a baby-sweet card! I love the ocean theme...so unique for a baby card. You did a splendid job on this card!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Eunice.
Second block card as nice as your first one.

Jessie adams

Leanne said...

Wow o Wow!! This is adorable Eunice!!

Tina H said...

Oh this is so cute!! What a wonderful design! This looks hard to make but then so do most of your designs!!!! I mean that in a good way because I would love to be able to make the gorgeous projects you have created but I need to work up to your level, lol!! :)