Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello Kitty, Accordion Style!

Here's another fun accordion card I put together using Elizabeth Craft Designs Oval Accordion die designed by Karen Burniston. This one was a birthday card for my dear crafting pal Kris, another a big time Hello Kitty aficionado. The original inspiration for this card comes from Mary Prasad's beautiful Magnolia card here. Of course my card comes nowhere close to being as amazing as hers, but I really wanted to try the "Rain or Shine" theme using Hello Kitty images.
As mentioned before, it took me a bit of thinking to figure out the fronts and backs of this card and how to put it together, but watching video tutorials by Karen Burniston and Els van de Burgt  helped a lot. I used Hello Kitty cuts from Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge and the rainbow, clouds and sun were created in MTC from Hello Kitty coloring book images. Sentiments were computer generated using LD Charming font.
Had fun making this card and am looking forward to doing more of these accordion style cards. Been so inspired by seeing all the neat cards others have created using this die and can't wait to give them all a try!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW Eunice. Guarantee Kris will totally LOVE your card. Definitely a keepsake. Love Hello Kitty and all the happy colors. Have a great week.

Tina H said...

I LOVE Hello Kitty! Your card is absolutely adorable Eunice! I wish I had gotten that cartridge back when it was for sale! Love this card so much and all the colors :)

Jadams said...

Sweet card, Eunice.
I bought the die and hope to use it soon, especially after seeing your wonderful projects.
Thanks!

Leanne said...

oh my!! Cuteness overload here! Kris is gonna love it!