Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Time RAKs from Lorna

Seems I'm still trying to catch up on the regular life routine at home after vacation...I'm a bit late on posting, but definitely had to share these sweet Easter surprises I discovered in my locker when I returned to work...all from my dear friend Lorna!
Awww...isn't this bunny treat cup the cutest thing ever?!!! Look closely and you'll see that it's actually one of those plastic condiment cups dressed up to look like a little bunny! So cute and clever, huh.
Love how Lorna decorated this cheerful treat box with washi tape, pretty daisy flocked ribbon and daisy cuts! The adorable little duckling in the center of the bow is a stamped image from Dandelion Designs.
And look! Even more cuteness inside the box! Notice how each of those yummy chocolate eggs is nestled in it's own little cut out to hold them nicely in place in the box.
Even more treats to be found tucked inside this darling little Easter basket! Lorna very cleverly decorated her basket with a strip of that same daisy flocked ribbon sprinkled with more punched daisies. A little harder to see, but Lorna also added a green scallop circle on the base of her basket to make it look like it's sitting on grass...really adds a neat finishing touch! And don't you just love how that happy little duckie looks like he's popping out with Happy Easter wishes?
Needless to say, finding all of these wonderful treats waiting for me on my first day back to work certainly made it a lot easier to get back into the swing of things. But wait! There's more....!
It just so happened that my first day back to work was also Boy's Day... Yup, you guessed it, Lorna showed up with this fabulous Boys Day surprise for each of us! (Isn't she just AMAZING?)  In Japan, families celebrate their sons on Boys Day often by putting up displays which include samurai warrior helmets or "kabuto". Lorna created her own super cute origami version of this by using pearlescent gold paper to fold into helmets and place them on little display stands! The delightful little Japanese boy image and Happy Boys Day sentiment she used are stamps from Dandelion Designs.
Lifting the origami helmet off the stand reveals all the yummy treats hidden inside the stand! Yes, yes, I agree...this girl's creativity is just out of this world! I would love to peek inside her brain to see how she comes up with all these amazing ideas all the time. Thank you again, Lorna for all the wonderful treats, for making my first day back to work fun, and for continuously fueling my creative spirit.

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, Lorna sure showered you with some amazingly creative treats. And what a wonderful surprise to find Boys Day treats on your first day back at work. Makes work more fun yah? Does she have a blog?

Tina H said...

I have just spent the last hour with my jaw dropped open as I viewed all your projects! You are so incredibly talented and I just LOVE your style of creativity. And your friend Lorna is awesome as well. You have the sweetest pup and I have signed up for email updates on your blog. I just can't wait to see what you create next. You are such an inspiration and I am going to try and be brave and attempt some of your amazing cards. My Mom is Japanese and I grew up not able to share in our cultural events like Girl's Day and Boy's Day because of prejudice. I know if I created some Japanese projects my Mom would love them. Thanks again and I'm so happy I found your blog! Happy crafting :)

Leanne said...

Wow!! So cute and fun! I would love to work with you & Lorna! You folks must have so much fun! hahaha!
You really must convince her to get a blog. hehe...
^.^