Friday, April 11, 2014

Sweet Ayako Birthday Card

Yup, it's yet another one of those sliding pop-up box cards I enjoy doing so much. This was made for my mom's birthday and  is the same basic box design from Colette's Sliding Pop Up Box card, except that I brought the sides of the box up taller and had my Silhouette Cameo cut an octagonal window on the front panels. I also added "tabs" to the side corners of the box to make it easier to "push" the card open and "pull" it flat to close.
This time I used adorable little Ayako from Sister Stamps to peek out the octagonal window. Colored her up with copics and placed her on a die cut bridge from Lala Land Crafts which I attached to the sliding element inside the box. Printed double sided cardstock for this card comes from Best Creation's Kimono line...really love that lavender wisteria background behind Ayako! Branch accent on the front was cut from a Quickutz die and tiny blossoms were cut with a die from Cheery Lynn Designs.
Here's a view of the box from the top, which gives a better perspective of the shape of the card and shows where the bridge was attached to the sliding element inside the box.
Pulling on the "tabs" on the sides flattens the card so it can be slipped into an envelope.I love the versatility of the sliding box card and as you can tell, I'm still having way too much fun playing with this style of card!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You are the queen of 3D projects. Makes me feel like I'm in Japan. TOO CUTE! Have a great weekend.

Jenny said...

Very cool card. I must figure out how you made it!

kili said...

this card is wonderful. l love it. l'm french, so my english is bad, but if l understand, you make it with silhouette cameo craft robo. where l can find th file to make this pattern of the card please ? many thanks

christine

eunice said...

Christine... Click on the link in the beginning of this post for a tutorial on the basic sliding pop up box card by Colette. For the cutfile for the window panel, please send me your email address and I will be more than happy to share the svg file with you.

Leanne said...

Oh wow Eunice!! Sugoi!! The colors are gorgeous and the details... My goodness they are beautiful! I will definitely have to stop by and look at the tutorial. TFS! This is beautiful, your mom is going to love it!!
Have a lovely Easter!!
TFI!!