Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sweet Treats for "Deer" Friends

Happy Holidays! Whew! It's 2:45 am Christmas Eve, and I'm finally finished with wrapping the gifts and cleaning the house in time for our family get together tonight at our place. Now I have a bit of time to quickly post my Christmas projects...none of which would ever have gotten done in time without the help of sweet hubby. Not only did he help with the scoring, addressing and stamping of our Christmas cards, he also picked up the jars and helped me make the batches of sweet Chex mix that went inside. I had fun decorating the jars to make them look festive...
The little peeking reindeer is a cutting file I picked up from Treasure Box Designs. The original file was a lot cuter, with colorful little Christmas bulbs wrapped around the reindeer's antlers but with 25 of these to do, I really had to try and keep it simple. Pretty holly paper is a bargain find I picked up last at Hobby Lobby last year...at 25 cents per 12x12 sheet I couldn't resist getting several...and now I'm glad I did! Label was created in Printshop using CAC Shishoni Brush, Pharmacy, Arial, and LD Charming fonts, and cut into ovals with Spellbinders Nesting Oval and Scallop oval dies using my brand new Sizzix Magnetic Platform to center them...what a marvelous invention!
 Had to keep our Christmas cards very simple this year since I got started working on them so late. I decided to do a Joy fold style with a photo of our little Latte holding a wreath I made. It's actually one of those rope chew things from Petco onto which I hot glued holly leaves and berries I cut from felt. LOL, I bought several of those rope type toys this year and we've been training Latte to "HOLD IT!" all year long, just so I could get her to pose for this photo for our Christmas card this year!
I tried to keep the embellishments simple, using only a simple Cottage Cutz mini holly die. The green panel on the left was embossed using a Sizzix holly embossing folder and  the patterned paper is from Frances Meyer.


 On the inside, I used a Spellbinders Labels Two die to cut out the sentiment and added a photo from our trip to Japan earlier this year. Kept the inside panel to the right blank so I'd have a place write a short note.
Okay...I need to take a short nap now so I can get up again in a few hours and start cooking! Merry Christmas, everyone!

4 comments:

kraftkat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kraftkat said...

Wow, what a terrific job! Bet it tastes as good as it looks too! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you!!

Lynn said...

The treat containers are adorable...lucky you to have a helpful and crafty hubby! I love your card with Latte and her wreath. The inside is lovely too. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Eunice,
Wow, you were super busy. Hope you got enough sleep on Christmas Eve. How sweet of your hubby to help out. The treats look really yummy and I love how you decorated the jars. BEAUTIFUL card too....love it a lot.