Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy "Bird" Day!

Okay, so I have to admit I'm a bit slow catching on to the latest trends. When Angry Birds merchandise hit the markets over a year ago, I didn't even know what they were about. Well I finally got me a smartphone a only few months ago, and downloaded the game...ok, I'm hooked! So when my son in law's birthday rolled around this year, I knew I had to try my first Angry Bird card. Searching the internet for ideas brought up tons of great ideas, but my favorite was the one created by Chris over at Calla Lily Studio. As you see, mine is a full on shameful copy of hers, but I liked her card so much I didn't want to change it up too much. I think the only difference is that Chris used  punches to create her Angry Bird while I created a cutfile in Make the Cut for my card.

Now, check out the fun v-fold pop-up on the inside! This fab template is the work of none other than pop-up master, Carol over at Extreme Cards and Papercrafting. Carol generously shares her template, complete with an easy to follow tutorial on her blog. Thank you, Carol!
Whew, thanks to the creativity and inspiration from both Chris and Carol, my Angry Bird birthday card didn't take too long at all to put together.
Then to add to the fun, I sent my son in law's card off with a box of Angry Bird Gummy candy with some birthday cash tucked inside. Hope he enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That is the BEST birthday card I've seen in a long while. The gift is perfect too....lucky guy! Copying is a form of flattery. Even Picasso probably copied the first 'eye' he ever drew as a child.