Sunday, July 1, 2012

Butterfly Kisses

I am so lovin' that there are so many companies coming out with thin metal dies! With such a large selection of beautiful and intricate dies to choose from, my collection has been steadily growing. LOL, now I just gotta start using them!
So for my sil's birthday card, I decided to finally try out my Cheery Lynn's small Exotic Butterflies set. This comes as a set of three different butterflies, as small as ones on a punch, but yet so delicate and detailed. Wanted to have their wings "pop" from the card without having to worry about them getting squished in an envelope so I put them in another recessed window card.
The flowering branch cut is from Cricut Home Decor cartridge. I used plain white cardstock to cut the flowers and branch, and colored them with Copics to give them a softer color. Butterflies were cut from Bazzill Bling Pearl cardstock, and inked with Tsukineko Brilliance inkpads to maintain their pearlescent sheen. For the background I used Bazzill Bling Diamond cardstock inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Flatback pearls were used for the flower centers and butterflies. Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch was used for the bottom border, and font for the greeting is Tangerine.

On the inside, I played with the Solly Pop font again, this time to create a pop up birthday greeting.
Repeated the doily lace borders, added another flowering branch cut and used a label from Cricut Lacey Label cartridge for my sentiment.
Still have quite a few more thin dies that I've purchased but haven't had the time to play with...guess I'd better get crackin' so I won't feel too guilty about buying all the new ones I keep adding to my wishlist!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Really, really pretty! I love the 3D effect of the scene and the words. I'm so inspired to try my hand at this kind of card art.

Jenny said...

So pretty! I just love the front of the card (the inside is pretty awesome too)! I don't think I have the patience for the recessed window, but I sure like it! Hope you can visit me at one of the make 'n takes this week!

Creations by Patti said...

Cool card, Eunice!!! A Great job using those dies combining with cartridge and punches...love the mixing it up! Yup, gotta use our "stuff".......I know the feeling, for sure! Thanks for sharing...........P

Jan Castle said...

A wonderful assembly of die cuts to make a smashing card! The Cheery Lynn Butterflies are delightful...I have that set and many of their dies....love them!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Jan Castle said...

A wonderful assembly of die cuts to make a smashing card! The Cheery Lynn Butterflies are delightful...I have that set and many of their dies....love them!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Creations by Shirl said...

Super pretty Eunice...
I will have to give this one a try for sure.. I love those recessed window cards - fun to make....
Enjoy your Monday....

Joy said...

what a beautiful card! this is totally awesome! love how detailed your card is. It's so fabulous once you open it as well! Great job as always on making such wonderful projects!

Cami said...

Wow Eunice, this card (and all of your cards/projects)is so beautiful! So many wonderful details with dies and fancy cuts and fancy folds! I love the size of your recessed window and the pretty flowers and butterflies. Your SIL will treasure this card! What an inspiration you are to all crafters!

Kelly said...

WOW...once again you have really outdone yourself! What a stunning keepsake packed with such detail. Your sister in law is sure to treasure it!

Mele09 said...

New to your blog...
What an absolutely beautiful card!
Love it!

Mele09 said...

New to your blog...
What an absolutely beautiful card!
Love it!